[Qgis-developer] Geometry type does not match column type

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 12:28:34 EDT 2012

Hi Salvatore,

On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com> wrote:
> First issue:
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5109

the problem is that QGis tries to insert a POLYGON even if the column
has a MULTIPOLYGON geometry type.

Since in this moment QGis does not use ST_Multi in the query to
convert single to multi*, the only way is to edit the column
constraint.

> Second:
>
> If I use the SPIT plugin to import polygon features in PostGIS I
> get:
[CUT]
> ERROR:  Geometry type (Polygon) does not match column type
> (MultiPolygon)

It seems the same problem of the one above, but in SPIT you can
change the geometry type of new features by editing the value in the
"Feature class" column.

Regards.

--
Giuseppe Sucameli