[Qgis-developer] Geometry type does not match column type

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:11:04 EDT 2012

Il giorno sab, 24/03/2012 alle 17.28 +0100, Giuseppe Sucameli ha
scritto:
> Hi Salvatore,
>
> On Sat, Mar 24, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com> wrote:
> > First issue:
> >
> > http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5109
>
> the problem is that QGis tries to insert a POLYGON even if the column
> has a MULTIPOLYGON geometry type.
>
> Since in this moment QGis does not use ST_Multi in the query to
> convert single to multi*, the only way is to edit the column
> constraint.
>
> > Second:
> >
> > If I use the SPIT plugin to import polygon features in PostGIS I
> > get:
> [CUT]
> > ERROR:  Geometry type (Polygon) does not match column type
> > (MultiPolygon)
>
> It seems the same problem of the one above, but in SPIT you can
> change the geometry type of new features by editing the value in the
> "Feature class" column.
>
> Regards.

Hi,
w/regard to the first issue, I updated my ticket here
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5109 and seems that the problem is in QGIS
master version!

I also tried your hint, but changing "feature class" column from
MULTIPOLYGON to POLYGON does not solve it!

All the best!

-SL