[Qgis-developer] Directions needed for GSOC Proposal

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:50:34 EDT 2012

Hello all,

There have been prevoius discussions about this GSOC thing. Adding
analytical power to the software can be the best thing that can be done to
QGIS. Initially I was of the idea of porting fTools to C++, but then
realized the processing framework to be a better option. Now that there are
two frameworks on the prowl, its getting a bit difficult to draft the
proposal.

Which one is going to be adopted? And is the one that will be adopted ready
to take in a GSOC student and provide mentoring? While I have been  a
self-learner for the most part, its still a serious thing when we talk
about code going live into the project.

Or should I probably throw in the towel and pick up something like
Symbology improvements?

Directions please.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic