[Qgis-developer] Directions needed for GSOC Proposal

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Mar 24 13:57:49 EDT 2012

Il 24/03/2012 18:50, aruntheguy at gmail.com ha scritto:

> Which one is going to be adopted? And is the one that will be adopted ready to take
> in a GSOC student and provide mentoring? While I have been  a self-learner for the
> most part, its still a serious thing when we talk about code going live into the project.
>
> Or should I probably throw in the towel and pick up something like Symbology
> improvements?

I would vote for the Framework. About deciding which of the two, I think sextante
should be more mature, therefore a better candidate, so:
- please Victor share your feelings about that
- what is the license of sextante?
- did anybody have a look to the code? any opinion about ease of integration of
additional backend, overall maintainability, etc?
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu