[Qgis-developer] Table manager - do you want it in Vector or Database menu?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 26 05:34:44 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am wondering if it wouldn't be better to get rid of this plugin and
make sure that all of it's functionality is present in QGIS core by default?

Really this is all core functionality that a user would expect - so why
an optional plugin?

Much of the functionality is also already built into QGIS (the field
calculator, the ability to add and delete columns, the ability to export
to a different format) - what is missing what the plugin can do and QGIS
can't? Type conversions should also be possible with the field calculator.

Here is what is probably still missing:
* ability to clone columns (but you can add a column and populate it
with the field calculator)
* ability to move columns around (the order of columns)

So in my opinion, before investing too much time in this plugin I would
raster invest time to make this a QGIS core functionality.

Andreas