[Qgis-developer] import proprietary code inside a python plugin

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Mon Mar 26 09:55:26 EDT 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 03:31:53PM +0200, G. Allegri wrote:

> I totally agree with you, but reality is a bit different. Many agencies,
> corporates, etc. are not considering to leave they're infrastructure.

It's their choice, they'll have to bear the consequences of that.

> I suggest solutions to interoperate, not to switch the whole thing.

What I'm saying is that it just costs more. And rightly so.
It is no interest of the free software users to make it any cheaper, IMHO.

> It would be easier, and a lot cheeper, if everybody talked one language.

+1

> But we have hundreads of languages in the world, and we have to deal with
> this.

People grow up learning the language of their mothers.
Nobody has to pay a license to _use_ that language.
And anyone can learn.
We're really not talking about the same thing.

--strk;