[Qgis-developer] import proprietary code inside a python plugin

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Mon Mar 26 16:16:08 EDT 2012

Yes, that's the right idea. Any code you import must be provided to the
end user. So to work around that you can make 2 programs.
1. QGIS plugin (GPL)
2. An Arcpy script (LGPL, MIT, BSD)

Then your Arcpy script prepares some data and writes them to files and
your QGIS Plugin is able to read those files and do something with them.
But you avoid direct import.

Seems quirky but legal.

Alex