[Qgis-developer] SEXTANTE for QGIS has been released

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Fri Mar 30 04:53:46 EDT 2012

On 30/03/2012 10:40, Victor Olaya wrote:

> As I mentioned, I have done very little testing on linux

too bad ;)

> When calling SAGA or R on linux, the path to the software is not
> needed, since it assumes they are on PATH already. I will remove that
> setting and the warning in case it is running on linux

currently however it is necessary, because the paths are not found, can
you confirm?

> The problem you have with saga seems to be before calling saga itself,
> since the batch file cannot be created (well, it seems that it denies
> per,ission to create it... but then creates it...)
>
> The R one, instead, is after R is called, but it seems that the call
> is not working properly and it is missing the R console output file.
>
> Let me do some more linux testing and try to fix that...
>
> Maybe it is better to add bug reports to the issue tracker in our
> googlecode website
>
> http://code.google.com/p/sextante/issues/list
>
> We use a different one for the Java version, but I guess it is a good
> idea to keep them separate, so you can put things there

ok, please note however that an user will go to the official sextante
website, and from there it will be directed to the bugtracker for java,
so this wil cause confusion.
glad you decided to open a bugtracker on hub.qgis.org, it will make
things easier. Please let us know, I'll fill tickets there.

Thanks a lot.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu