[Qgis-developer] Oracle Spatial Driver

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Mar 30 07:29:28 EDT 2012

 Hi,

> Anyway, the MSSQL provider uses QODBC and the Oracle provider could
> do the
> same.  So we wouldn't need to directly link or ship anything from
> Oracle.

 Does ODBC mean that there is no requirement that Oracle client
 libraries are installed on the client machine (instant client or regular
 client?) - or would this still be a requirement?

 Would users of the Oracle client need to install a system or user DSN
 or does QODBC not require such an entry?

 Thanks and sorry about my ignorance (not knowing all the details about
 ODBC).

 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A