[Qgis-developer] Re: Working on Symbology Improvement for the GSOC

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 16:22:31 EDT 2012

> + The designer to perform following functions
>     - Create new symbols/styles
>     - Grouping and management of styles through a tree structure
>     - Create and manage virtual groups (or themes) that would pull symbols
> from various groups and a combination of renders to create a overall
> cartographic stylesheet (almost same as present save/load style).
>     - Ability to save a retrieve such stylesheets (duplicates the present
> save/load style)

Apart from above functions, I must add that, this will be useful to handle
online symbol repositories and stylesheet repositories just like the python
Plugin manager. A spec can be developed just as it is done for the Python
plugins and online repositories can be created by anyone for easy sharing
of stylesheets and symbols, this can be handled through this interface.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in
IRC Nick: teco