[Qgis-developer] Re: Working on Symbology Improvement for the GSOC

aruntheguy at gmail.com aruntheguy at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 17:58:02 EDT 2012

On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 2:11 AM, Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at> wrote:

> I don't know how other people approach this but I experiment a lot with
> different renderers and symbols, tiny changes and how the affect. If I have
> to change between layer properties and a separate symbol designer all the
> time, I think I'd go crazy. It's already annoying me that I cannot interact
> with the map while the properties dialog is open.

Live editing - thats what I am trying to do. The designer would also
provide a preview of what one does, let us say, we can add a functionality
of loading a sample dataset. A small map window is always there which
re-renders a sample dataset each of your tweaks. And working one the styles
until you are satisfied and you can save that settings as a theme/style.

Arunmozhi
Twitter: @tecoholic
Website: http://arunmozhi.in
IRC Nick: teco