[Qgis-developer] Python coding style for QGIS

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue May 1 01:42:38 EDT 2012

Hi all,

we already have coding style for QGIS C++ code [0]. But in QGIS core
there are also several Python plugins which have a different coding style.
I think we need to create coding style for Python code included in master
and reformat existing code to comply with this style.

There is a PEP-0008 [1], an official Python style guide, not sure if we
should use it as is. Maybe it is better to adopt it a bit and make more
consistent with our C++ coding style.

[0] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/blob/master/CODING
[1] http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

--