[Qgis-developer] Rpy2 broken on win: possible alternatives?

Anne Ghisla a.ghisla at gmail.com
Wed May 2 03:06:05 PDT 2012

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 16:25:41 +0200
Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:

> Il 17/04/2012 16:21, Giovanni Manghi ha scritto:
> > already tested,
> > unfortunately the above build works for the Home Range plugin but
> > does not for the ManageR and SDA4PP ones.
> >
> in any case, rpy* proved a fragile solution, that's why I suggested
> porting it to pure R scripts, and use Sextante as a GUI

Hello, sorry for late answer.

I examined the possibility to remove rpy2 from HR plugin. Still I am
unsure on how to exchange data between R and QGIS. QGIS could write a
temporary file with input data, that R would read. But it would be
unnecessary disk usage, and will be slow in case of hundreds of points.

I would prefer to restore rpy2 functionality, also for benefit of
other users, and I am willing to support its re-packaging.

Anne
--
http://gis.cri.fmach.it/ghisla/