[Qgis-developer] Bye bye SPIT?

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed May 2 08:28:04 PDT 2012

Il 02/05/2012 17:17, Marco Hugentobler ha scritto:
>> SPIT only needs shp2psql which is easier to get (provided with postgis)
>
>   Afaik SPIT only needs libpq.so/dll (which is used by QGIS anyway).
> It does not use shp2pgsql.
oh, yes, you're right - it's PostGIS Manager that requires shp2pgsql,
not SPIT.
one of the reasons I'm not happy using SPIT is that it preserves
UppeLowerCase of the columns, making queries more cumbersome to write.
Anyway, I think we should start avoiding the "drunkman syndrome", with
many things doubled in QGIS.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini