[Qgis-developer] Blocking issues?

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu May 3 04:20:07 EDT 2012

Hi

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:09 PM, Giovanni Manghi
<giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt> wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-05-03 at 07:00 +1000, Nathan Woodrow wrote:
>> For me http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5327 has needs to be fixed before
>> the release.  In it's current state it renders editing polylines and
>> polygons useless and frustrating.  This would not be good such a
>> otherwise good release.
>
> the issues tagged as blockers can be reached using the query linked on
> the right in redmine
>
> http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=23
>
> beside the node tool issue there are other two regressions and a ticket
> about the need to update licence files.
>
> There is also a ticket about a regression in the print composer: since
> 1.7.x there is an issue when printing large formats on win32. This is
> not a new/recently discovered issue, so it should not be a blocker as it
> was decided in Lyon, but nevertheless I would like you dev to consider
> try fix it in time for 1.8 as it affects *many* users.
>
> cheers
>
> -- Giovanni --

As discussed we will hold the release for the blockers (but strict
criteria must be applied as to what can be a blocker). I still need to
update the whats new etc text before we can get final translations
call in. I hope to get that done over the next week or so.

Perhaps Giovanni, it would be good also to do that 'weekly blockers'
post to the dev list to bring the key issues to the lists attention?

Regards

Tim

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services