[Qgis-developer] Blocking issues?

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Thu May 3 16:49:16 EDT 2012

Hi

 >There is also a ticket about a regression in the print composer: since
 >1.7.x there is an issue when printing large formats on win32

I've just tried to print to A0 with QGIS 1.6 on win7 (64bit, but QGIS
compiled on WoW 32 bit) and got the crash. For me, it looks like a
memory problem, not like a regression.

Some more observations:

-QGIS on win7 compiled with msvc 64 bit: printing to A0 works
-Linux 64bit: printing to A0 works (I remember it worked on 32bit Linux
too, probably because gcc is able to use more memory than msvc 32bit).
- No problem on Mac 64bit

Also, I don't recall larger changes in the print composer that could be
related (but maybe in core components of QGIS and in the Qt libs?).

So the resolution is to use a 64bit compiled executable on Windows.
Since at Sourcepole, we need to have a 64bit win version ready for our
clients, we will also provide a public download for 1.8.

Regards,
Marco