[Qgis-developer] WCS

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Sat May 5 05:57:32 PDT 2012

Hi Radim,

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> - How to pass the raster to GDAL Tools. Currently the XML string is
> created on the fly by GDAL provider and passed as a string to
> GDALOpen, there is no XML file which could be given to GDAL Tools.

that's the same problem with the WMS provider, there isn't a way to
get the GetMapUrl... and parsing the metadata string is not a good
option :)

I think all the providers should have a method to get useful props,
so plugins can get those kind of provider-specific information,
something like:
QVariant QgsDataProvider::getProperty(QString)

Any reason to not doing it?
Regards.

> - How to specify an extent and resolution in GDAL Tools.
> - How to implement save a copy of WCS part
>
> Related:
> I believe that it could be better to organize OWS by servers instead
> of by services, especially in the browser. Instead of adding a new
> connection for each service, user could add just one generic OWS
> connection and available services would appear under that connection
> in the tree. I have implemented this in OWS meta provider. It reads
> and combines all defined WMS, WFS and WCS connections and displays all
> available layers (if there are few) or  services under the connection:
> https://picasaweb.google.com/radim.blazek/OWS
>
> Radim

Giuseppe Sucameli