[Qgis-developer] WCS

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:29:01 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 2:57 PM, Giuseppe Sucameli <brush.tyler at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Radim,
>
> On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> - How to pass the raster to GDAL Tools. Currently the XML string is
>> created on the fly by GDAL provider and passed as a string to
>> GDALOpen, there is no XML file which could be given to GDAL Tools.
>
> that's the same problem with the WMS provider, there isn't a way to
> get the GetMapUrl... and parsing the metadata string is not a good
> option :)
>
> I think all the providers should have a method to get useful props,
> so plugins can get those kind of provider-specific information,
> something like:
> QVariant QgsDataProvider::getProperty(QString)

It is true that providers may have provider specific parameters and
methods you mentioned could be used to get/set them. In this case
however, it would just propagate the problem to other parts of QGIS
(conditional code in GDAL Tools for example). I think, that provider
specific parameters should only be known by the provider and its GUI
(add layer dialog and possibly, in future, some change param tab in
properties dialog).  Once the driver is created with URI, only
standard QgsRasterDataProvider methods should be used to access data.

BTW, where do you need WMS GetMapUrl?

Radim