[Qgis-developer] Re: build qgis in Windows - missing GEOS and PROJ.4

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sat May 5 09:32:45 PDT 2012

Hi

Are you sure you are launching cmake from in an osgeo4w shell? If you
do that everything should *just work*. Also you should be able to set
a LIB_DIR env var and the cmake find rules will look there for libs.
So normally you should not need to tweak much in cmake other than
fixing the paths for gnu utils.

Regards

Tim

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems I had overlooked the osgeo4w /include and /lib directories,
> which contain all the necessary libs.
>
> However, how can things be setup so that cmake looks for all
> dependencies in the osgeo4w directory, instead of specifying each one
> manually?
>
> regards,
> Etienne
>
> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Etienne Tourigny
> <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> following the Windows building instructions at [1] using VS2008
>> Express, cmake complains that I am missing GEOS and PROJ.
>>
>> I get
>> GEOS_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>> GEOS_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
>> PROJ_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>> PROJ_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
>>
>> The instructions do not say anything about building GEOS and PROJ.4
>> with Visual Studio (but there are instruction for building GEOS with
>> MINGW)...
>>

>> [1] http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/repository/revisions/master/entry/INSTALL
>>
>> thanks
>> Etienne