[Qgis-developer] Re: build qgis in Windows - missing GEOS and PROJ.4

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sat May 5 10:06:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

I got it working last night when running form the osgeo4w shell (my
mistake), but there were still a number of missing entries which I had
to add (which are also installed by osgeo4w)

PROJ_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
SPATIALINDEX_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
SPATIALINDEX_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
SPATIALITE_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
SQLITE3_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND

I tried adding LIB_DIR to both the osgeo script and as a CMake entry,
to no avail.

Thanks
Etienne

thanks
Etienne

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 1:32 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Are you sure you are launching cmake from in an osgeo4w shell? If you
> do that everything should *just work*. Also you should be able to set
> a LIB_DIR env var and the cmake find rules will look there for libs.
> So normally you should not need to tweak much in cmake other than
> fixing the paths for gnu utils.
>
> Regards
>
> Tim
>
> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 3:23 AM, Etienne Tourigny
> <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems I had overlooked the osgeo4w /include and /lib directories,
>> which contain all the necessary libs.
>>
>> However, how can things be setup so that cmake looks for all
>> dependencies in the osgeo4w directory, instead of specifying each one
>> manually?
>>
>> regards,
>> Etienne
>>
>> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Etienne Tourigny
>> <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> following the Windows building instructions at [1] using VS2008
>>> Express, cmake complains that I am missing GEOS and PROJ.
>>>
>>> I get
>>> GEOS_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND
>>> GEOS_LIBRARY-NOTFOUND
>>> PROJ_INCLUDE_DIR-NOTFOUND