[Qgis-developer] Editing rst files

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sun May 6 09:31:27 PDT 2012

Il 06/05/2012 02:03, Larry Shaffer ha scritto:

> For a large .rst project like the QGIS manual, it may not be much
> different than using a separate text editor. Having Plugin Editor
> embedded (installed) in QGIS offers the advantages of consistency of
> interface/tools and portability, useful for new plugin developers and
> teaching/seminar environments. There are many clever things you can do
> with it, but if you are already an experienced developer, you may find
> its features only occasionally useful compared with your current workflow.
I'm now thinking more to the documentation writer, which is not
necessarily a developer (most probably not). So anything we can do to
make her/his life easier, the better documentation will have, I guess.
I'm thinking of:
- fetching automatically manual sources
- emitting pull requests with a button, after manual production
- preview of the compiled manual
- automatically incorporating screenshots
- etc.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini