[Qgis-developer] Localization issue in self-compiled QGIS (Ubuntu 12.04)

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed May 9 20:07:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

I tried to override the system locale (english) with the german
localization of QGIS. I can select "Deutsch" as a language in the
options, but upon restart there is a problem:

In the console I read:
Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
[/usr/local/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_Deutsch]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_Deutsch]

I checked what files are in /usr/local/share/qgis/i18n

and there is a qgis_de.qm file and no qgis_Deutsch.qm file.

Why is QGIS looking for qgis_Deutsch?

Anything wrong in my Ubuntu? Am I missing a package?

Thanks for any hints,
Andreas