[Qgis-developer] adding options to sextante grass-functions

skampus stefano.campus at regione.piemonte.it
Thu May 10 05:45:08 PDT 2012

I seem to have realized that you can put in each algorithm of Sextante all
the options originally planned for grass, by editing the specified command
file .txt which is (in my case) in C:\Users\
skampus\.qgis\python\plugins\Sextante\grass\description

So I did for the command v.transform, in order to perform the transformation
by means of GCP whose coordinates are into a separate table, as shown in the
help of command (http://grass.osgeo.org/gdp/html_grass64/v.transform.html).

I opened the file v.transform.txt and i added the line ParameterString |
pointsfile | GCP_Table |

v.transform
v.transform
Vector (v.*)
ParameterVector|input|input|-1|False
ParameterNumber|xshift|xshift|None|None|0.0
ParameterNumber|yshift|yshift|None|None|0.0
ParameterNumber|zshift|zshift|None|None|0.0
ParameterNumber|xscale|xscale|None|None|1.0
ParameterNumber|yscale|yscale|None|None|1.0
ParameterNumber|zscale|zscale|None|None|1.0
ParameterNumber|zrot|zrot|None|None|0.0
ParameterString|pointsfile|GCP_Table|
OutputVector|output|output

Once the command is launched by Sextante, i add the path to the table (using
both "/" and "\") but everything freezes and after several minutes it gives
an error indeterminate, not reported in the log Sextante.

I'd like to know if the use of this external table relates to
"ParameterString" category or another not listed in
http://sextante.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/soft/bindings/qgis-plugin/src/sextante/grass/grass.txt

thank you in advance