[Qgis-developer] Approving plugins

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri May 11 05:56:44 PDT 2012

Alexander,

My point of view :

2012/5/11 Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com>

> There is a typo at page "ahs at least minimal documentation"
> seems here should be "has at least minimal documentation".
>
> Also I think we need a more clean guidelines about some
> requirements:
>  - should plugin author include documentation in plugin package
>   or it is enough to provide link to homepage with description

I think we should let plugin devs to use external page to do so, at least
the plugin wiki page in hub.qgis.org, as the hub should stay alive

>  - same for test data. Should author include test data into package
>   (and make plugin size bigger) or only provide link (where this link
>   can be specified?)

For these reasons I think we should not force developpers to add test data :
* it increases the sise of the zip
* some plugins won't need specific data to be tested
* We can instead ask which data in the Alaska sample data can be used to
test the plugin ?

Michael