[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Threads in sextante

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sat May 12 09:47:42 PDT 2012

I always thought that gdaltools and ftools should be non-blocking
(unless I am mistaken, they are currently blocking the rest of the
app), especially if the operation takes a long time.

This might have issues though with

1) progress report - can this be done by the executing thread?
2) what happens when the operation finishes

Ideally, there should be a way to cancel an operation, if it takes too
long (e.g. escape key when the operation window has focus)

Also, this could enable several similar operations to be done in
parallel - as long as they are not working on the same output files.

Etienne