[Qgis-developer] Import qgis.core

James (Trip) Hook jhook at wisc.edu
Mon May 21 20:54:37 PDT 2012

Greetings,

I am having trouble importing the qgis.core module.  It seems like many
others have had this problem, so I attempted all of the solutions I could
find posted.

1. I am running python from within OsGeo4W shell
2. The PYTHONPATH is set to the qgis installation folder

Still, when I initialize python with the command "python", and attempt

import qgis.core

I still get the message
Import Error: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.

The command "import qgis" executes successfully, and if I create a dummy
file "hello.py" in the qgis folder, I can successfully "import qgis.hello",
but no luck on importing qgis.core.  Any ideas?

James