[Qgis-developer] cannot open Python plugin after update qgis from 1.7.3 to 1.7.4 under mac os x

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Tue May 22 10:46:19 PDT 2012

Hi Luca,

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>wrote:

> Hi Luca,
>
> (sorry if this is a double post - problems setting up mobile device)
> On Tuesday, May 22, 2012, Luca Mandolesi wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> after I've updated qgis from 1.7.3 to 1.7.4 under mac os x, my plugin
>> cannot be opened. The button of plugin appear but if I click above, nothing
>> happen!
>>
>> What's the matter?
>>

> This is a known issue with 1.7.4 [0] (though not really an issue with QGIS,
> per se). The plugin may not launch because it still uses some Qt 3 code
> for that operation (usually activated() instead of triggered() for
> QAction connection signal).
>
> Which plugin?
>
> Larry
>
> [0]
> http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/OSGEO4W-vs-Mac-OS-X-Qt-version-or-34-plugins-slightly-broken-tp4963580.html

Sorry about the multiple emails earlier.

Looks like your 'pyarchinit_plugin.py' file has 8 occurrences of
activated() in the initGui() method. Try switching those signals to
triggered(). You may want to check the rest of your plugin for any more Qt
3-only code.

I believe this issue is not currently present on QGIS for Windows or Linux,
because the standard Nokia Qt 4.4.x - 4.8.x distributions are compiled with
-qt3support, which keeps support for ~580 Qt 3 bits of code in the compiled
QtCore, QtGui, etc. modules. It's my understanding that Qt 5 will
completely drop such Qt 3 support, however.

Regards,

Larry Shaffer
Dakota Cartography
Black Hills, South Dakota