[Qgis-developer] Library linking problems when release changes - eg. 1.9 --> 1.8

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri May 25 00:24:48 PDT 2012

 Hi,

 Whenever there is a change in the major version of QGIS, e.g. 1.7 to
 1.9 and most recently the switch back from 1.9 to 1.8 I am running into
 problems.

 The compile runs fine but when I try to start it I get this message:
 error while loading shared libraries: libqgis_core.so.1.8.0: cannot

 But the libqgis_core.so.1.8.0 is present in /usr/local/lib

 I removed the build directory and ran ccmake .. and cmake .. again, but
 it doesn't solve this problem that it can't find the library that
 obviously is present and recent on my machine.

 I would very much appreciate if someone could help me out here.

 Thanks a lot,
 Andreas

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A