[Qgis-developer] Re: Starting GSoC

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Fri May 25 08:23:32 PDT 2012

Sounds great to me.

I have given you write access to the SEXTANTE SVN (as I told you, this
might change to another location if it finally gets integrated into
QGIS, but for now it will remain there, at least until the end of
GSoC). Feel free to add your changes there so we can all start testing
them. It affects just a single element of SEXTANTE (though a key
one!), so there is no risk of breaking anything else. Also, SEXTANTE
is still an experimental and unstable plugin, so I see no reason why
you should keep your code in a different place.

Regarding the progress elements, they are very simple now and in fact
only the main parameters dialog acts as a progress display. We can
maybe leave them like that (passing the progress object to the
algorithm) in a first step, and then implement some sort of signaling
mechanism

Great work so far :-)