[Qgis-developer] Build question for 1.8

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Mon May 28 16:18:58 PDT 2012

It's a spatialindex bug.  It should work if spatialindex is installed in the default /usr/local, but may still need -I/usr/local/include in the cmake CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS.  Or fix your installation of spatialindex.

I added a bug report at:

http://github.com/libspatialindex/libspatialindex/issues/14

On May 28, 2012, at 5:52 PM, Larry Shaffer wrote:

> William, et al.,
>
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote [0]:
> Yes, spatialindex was remove from the source, so it's now an external dependency.
> Once found, I see another problem - internally, spatialindex headers include each other by spatialindex/*/*.h.  But QGIS does not - I think it's previous internal spatialindex had these includes all changed.  ...and indeed, changing the one include in core/qgsspatialindex.cpp to:
>
> #include <spatialindex/SpatialIndex.h>
>
> does the trick.
>
> Manual edit of core/qgsspatialindex.cpp still required for building on Mac. Should that change be considered, or should the edit just be noted in the Mac build notes?
>
> Regards,
> Larry
>
> [0] http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/Config-fails-on-find-of-spatialindex-library-tp4939392p4939734.html

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"The beast is actively interested only in now, and, as it is always now and always shall be, there is an eternity of time for the accomplishment of objects."

- the wisdom of Tarzan