[Qgis-developer] Library linking problems when release changes - eg. 1.9 --> 1.8

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon May 28 21:23:03 PDT 2012

Hi Matthias,

Thank you for explaining the reasoning behind this behavior. I can
understand it. The only thing that surprised me is that with older
Ubuntu and/or QGIS version it worked without setting /etc/ld.so.conf or
LD_LIBRARY_PATH - so probably there was some change recently in Ubuntu,
enforcing to actually set /usr/local/lib to be included in the library
path whereas in the past it worked out of the box.

Anyway - it is fine now.

Thanks again to all!

Andreas