[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Threads in sextante

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Tue May 29 02:18:23 PDT 2012

Hello again,

in case you missed the post on the soc mailing list, I have posted a
first report on this project at sextante-gsoc.blogspot.com
I haven't figured out how to attach files to blogger posts so I'll
just attach a diff to this thread, so you can have a look at the
preliminary implementation.

As said, I went with QThreads for this paticular case, because:
a) QProcess, I think, belongs in another level (the calling the
auxiliary programs layer) and I am not sure it applies to potential
backends using libraries.
b) QtConcurrent seems not to have pyqt bindings

I might be wrong on any (or both) of these points. Please comment.

Note that iterating parameter values are not yet supported. Am looking
into it, not sure if sextante or the backends make any assumptions
about the order of iteration (that is, I have to use 1 thread or
multiple synced threads) or if I can just run them in parallel.

Thanks & regards,

Camilo