[Qgis-developer] QGIS' "fetch python plugin" does not see my plugin

Bruno Combal bruno.combal at gmail.com
Tue May 29 03:09:15 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I've made a little plugin, Earthbeat, still in experimental phase.
The plugin is hosted on http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/
My problem is that the plugin does not show in QGIS "fetch python plugin" panel
(I turned on the "show all plugins, even those marked as experimental").

Could someone tell me what I should do to allow the plugin-fetch command
to retrieve my plugin from plugins.qgis.org?

To give more details:
1. I sent the plugins as a zip for approval.
2. after approval, zip was visible on http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/
but not in the QGIS fetch command.
3. I made a git repository, thinking (wrongly) that it would help
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/earthbeat/repository

My codes come with a metadata.txt file indicating the location of the git repository.

Maybe I should not have both zip+git?
Or are there some permissions to fix?

thanks!
Bruno