[Qgis-developer] Strange behavior with round function of the expression builder

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 17:06:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

I found a strange behavior with round function of the expression builder.
When the round is done to integer, everything seems going well. However, by introducing one or more decimal places, the results begin to be strange and often appears the default value -21474836.48.
Here ([1], [2], [3]) is an example with rounding areas in labels. The problem happens starting from 2 decimal places. Doing the same with the perimeter, the problem happens starting from 5 decimal places.

The data I am using are the portuguese administrative boundaries [4], but I tested it with other data and also happens.

I'm using QGIS master (ubuntugis unstable) on Xubuntu 12.04 LTS.

Anyone confirm?

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio

[1] https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5772257/qgis/labeling_round_int.jpg