[Qgis-developer] Updating User Guides Re: New site

Ramon Andiñach custard at westnet.com.au
Wed Nov 7 21:26:01 PST 2012

On 07/11/2012, at 14:44 , Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

[snipping]

> Currently I think this should be the frontpage:
> http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/index.html
> You can edit the text of it by editing:
> https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/source/index.rst
>
> I think english content can be edited by people already.

Hi all,

Please excuse if these are really dumb questions, but git and sphinx/ReST are things I have little experience with.

If I'm setting about updating the section of the user manual that I'd done in 1.7 for 1.8 I need to
1. checkout the source with git from github.
 1a. Do I need to sign up to github?
2. make my changes.
 2a. (probably I should make a branch on my local copy, do my changes there, check it works then merge back to my local master)
3. and "push"? them back.

Is that roughly right?

-ramon.