[Qgis-developer] Remaining work to get rid of old labeling?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 14 01:28:05 PST 2012

Hi Larry, Hi all,

At the Essen developer meeting we discussed that we want to get rid of
the double versions (labeling, symbology, diagrams - more?)

The new diagram are now in good shape thanks to the work of Matthias
Kuhn and Marco Hugentobler.

I now that Larry did a tremendous amount of work on the new label
engine, next to the work Marco H. and Martin Dobias did before.

I don't have the exact overview what features from the old engine are
not yet present in the new engine.

In Essen we proposed that we ask Larry to continue his work to get rid
of the old label engine - and we proposed that we would pay a certain
amount of our funds to Larry for this work.

Question to Larry and the PSC? What is the status of this work? Was
there any agreement so far between the PSC and Larry to fund his work?
Larry - would you have time to continue working on it so we can get rid
of the old labeling?

Thanks for an update on it.

Andreas