[Qgis-developer] Logo redesign - was: Re: Webpage

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Nov 14 01:40:27 PST 2012

Hi all,

There is a vector version of the current logo in our github repository:
https://raw.github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/master/images/icons/qgis_icon.svg

It is just not very well-known. And probably not widely used.

Btw: it sucks that github does not know about the SVG mime-type. How
long is SVG now around (since 2000 or so) - and they still don't know
the SVG mime-type?

So you have to download it and open it in any browser, Inkscape or other
graphic software.

--------------

In the whole discussion around the logo - people complain that the
current logo is not professionally looking. The question is:

* What exactly is not professionally looking about the current logo?
please be precise about it - no general complaints without concrete
proposals and criticism.

* Are other logos professionally looking? The ESRI logo as an example
looks like a 5 year old kid did it ..

* Who decides what professionally looking means and what are the criteria?

* How important is the brand recognition from the old logo?

Opinions?

Andreas