[Qgis-developer] Webpage

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Nov 14 06:09:40 PST 2012

Hi

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:27 PM, Barry Rowlingson <
b.rowlingson at lancaster.ac.uk> wrote:

> Meanwhile the word on the osgeo-discuss mailing list is 'awesome!'. I
> honestly looked at this new GRASS web site and thought I was still
> looking at the old one (not that I go there much). Rounded corners,
> wrong use of tabs, poor handling of narrow screens (the tabs wrap and
> the content gets pushed down) - it was like 2004 all over again...
>
> For Qgis, +1 for anything using Twitter Bootstrap, but an immediate -1
> if it still looks like Twitter Bootstrap...

Yeah well its a two step process - first make it use bootstrap....then make
it look like we don't use bootstrap :-) As a sampler I dropped in a theme
from http://bootswatch.com/ (Cyborg theme since I was feeling
intergalactic) and with 2 seconds work the docs render like this:

http://imgur.com/tNipi

Basically with all the infrastructure in place it will just come down to
having a nice css theme written for bootstrap and all the other boring bits
of building the site will be taken care of for us.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net