[Qgis-developer] Server features

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 10:13:38 PST 2012

Hi all

Some ideas :

* templates for HTML popups (already done this in Lizmap, but why not
having it in Qgis)
* tile generator : I agree with Giovanni Allegri, beginning with a mbtiles
generator from a layer/a group in Qgis would be a first step, as Tim
suggested in Lyon hackfest. But why not having the powerfull mapcache being
able to read QGIS projects as well.
* WPS : we could also expose some QGIS method to provide WPS. In the
beginning, simple things as buffer, etc. (based on new QgsExpressions
capabilities : geometry and python/C defined functions), and later (more
manpower needed), it could be great to have Sextante internal methodes
totally decoupled from gui, so that QGIS Server can use Sextante for WPS

Good evening
Michael