[Qgis-developer] Server features

Vincent Picavet vincent.ml at oslandia.com
Wed Nov 14 10:26:06 PST 2012

Hi,

> * templates for HTML popups (already done this in Lizmap, but why not
> having it in Qgis)
You mean accessing the templates through QGIS server ? Because html popups
already are in QGIS :)

> * tile generator : I agree with Giovanni Allegri, beginning with a mbtiles
> generator from a layer/a group in Qgis would be a first step, as Tim
> suggested in Lyon hackfest. But why not having the powerfull mapcache being
> able to read QGIS projects as well.
+1 for mbtiles generator, as extract feature
+1 for mapcache as dynamic cache management

> * WPS : we could also expose some QGIS method to provide WPS. In the
> beginning, simple things as buffer, etc. (based on new QgsExpressions
> capabilities : geometry and python/C defined functions), and later (more
> manpower needed), it could be great to have Sextante internal methodes
> totally decoupled from gui, so that QGIS Server can use Sextante for WPS

Decoupling sextante from qgis gui is a must, to be able to run processes from
the command line, or on a remote screenless server, and then for wps too.

We should have a look at PyWPS too, which could be an easy way to provide WPS
services around QGIS API.

Vincent