[Qgis-developer] Server features

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 15 01:56:52 PST 2012

> I think this is the big difference between Lizmap and Qgis Web Client (but
> I can be wrong, as I have barely tested it) :
> * Lizmap is buit with a php framework, so it do whatever is possible
> server side : rights management, use database , use web caching, etc.
> Lizmap does 2 jobs : it create the web map interface AND it acts as a proxy
> between QGIS Server and the web map.
> * Qgis Web Client is built with geoext, which is only javascript. So you
> cannot create web services with it. You must rely on other tools to
> provides server side scripting.

You're right. Multiple solutions are always good for the market ;)
Qgis Web Client, by itself, provides only a couple of python cgi scripts
for text searches on structured PG tables.
That's why we've started developing the Django project to sit in between
Qgis Web Client and Qgis Server...

giovanni

Marco, please correct me if I am wrong.