[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.8 Windows Standalone is not OK with spatialite versions

haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Thu Nov 15 06:37:36 PST 2012

Hi,
just a note to keep in mind for next Windows package (for 2.0). I couldn't
use 1.8 standalone package in my corp. since spatialite librairies are out
of date. Qspatialite can't work with it, and i had many trouble creating and
importing into spatialite (error with geometry_columns, cast_to_multi() and
so on.. ). Almost a blocker in fact...

Second minor problem, globe is embedded, but really troubleshoots on
Windows. IMHO, really experimental things should no be in official
standalone package.
I had some extra days of work to test and deploy a home-made package of
co-workers..

If somedy has some free time, a new package could help.. but this is not
critical

All the best