[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.8 Windows Standalone is not OK with spatialite versions

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Thu Nov 15 08:47:43 PST 2012

Hi Regis,

On Thu, 15. Nov 2012 at 06:37:36 -0800, haubourg wrote:
> just a note to keep in mind for next Windows package (for 2.0). I couldn't
> use 1.8 standalone package in my corp. since spatialite librairies are out
> of date. Qspatialite can't work with it, and i had many trouble creating and
> importing into spatialite (error with geometry_columns, cast_to_multi() and
> so on.. ). Almost a blocker in fact...

That probably was also true for the osgeo4w qgis-dev version at that point.
People should test it before release - as that's nearly what's going to in the
stable release.

And the osgeo4w packages are also what is used to build the standalone
installer (see ms-windows/osgeo4w/creatensis.pl).   So what doesn't work in
osgeo4w won't work in the standalone installer, too.

> If somedy has some free time, a new package could help.. but this is not
> critical

I think Guiseppe fixed the spatialite problem and Pirmin wanted to update the
globe dependencies.

Are there other problems in osgeo4w?

If not, running creatensis.pl again shouldn't be a problem.

BTW ECW support was meanwhile dropped in osgeo4w (after the GDAL update to
1.9.2) and also will lack in the next package.  Neither Frank nor I were able
to mobilize enough energy to jump though all the hoops they've put in front of
their SDK download.  IIRC also the licensing is somewhat strange to as it
allows client, but forbids server use and the user has to acknowledge it - so
we would even have to add own hoops...

JÃrgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS                         IRC: jef on FreeNode

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden