[Qgis-developer] 64bit Windows version

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Fri Nov 16 18:20:56 PST 2012

On 11/16/2012 10:32 AM, Jürgen E. Fischer wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> On Fri, 16. Nov 2012 at 10:31:58 +0100, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>> Good - how can we proceed here?
>
>> Who would have time and knowledge to do the work in OSGeo4W?
>
> Sometime next year?  Me.   I've been doing a lot of the OSGeo4W (32bit) work
> anyway.
>

> Jürgen

There has been mumors of support for this topic from the OSGeo board and
Mark Lucas said he could potentially find some funds (no exact promises.

I think basically we just need to create the 64 bit folder under the
osgeo4w structure and start populating it with packages as they get built.

Some adjustments or a 64bit clone of the osgeo4w installer would need to
be made (I think the same installer with an option to choose would be good).

Thanks,
Alex