[Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.8 Windows Standalone is not OK with spatialite versions

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Nov 17 23:10:41 PST 2012

Il 15/11/2012 21:52, haubourg ha scritto:

> Is there anything I can do (paying someone to spend a few days clarifying
> ECW situation) or are we trapped by ERDAS??

Hi all.
I understand the problem. I asked directly ERDAS a few years ago, so we had precise
guidelines. Now things have changed, so I'd suggest to:
- ask again the proprietary of the ECW software and patents about what we can and
what we can't do
- if they come out with reasonable requests, we can follow them
- if not, I guess the only option for corporate users is to prepare ad hoc packages
for redistribution within the company, as this might be allowed by the licence.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu