[Qgis-developer] Design the QGIS documentation theme

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Nov 18 01:21:12 PST 2012

On 18-11-12 08:39, Tim Sutton wrote:

> <mailto:anitagraser at gmx.at>> wrote:
>
>     Are we talking about a theme for http://documentation.qgis.org/html/en/?
>

> It would ultimately become the theme for http://qgis.org too since we
> plan to move all web content into the doc project and curate everything
> as one content set. The overrriding goals are to:
>
> * centralise translation
> * centralise maintenance of *all* documentation
> * ensure that the look and feel is consistent across *all* QGIS properties
> Regards
>
> Tim

There is a slightly newer version here:

http://www.duif.net/qgis/doc/output/html/en/
(there we divided sources in a docs and a website part already, see

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/source

Maybe good to know that we took the Sphinx basic layout, and merged it
with this Bootstrap layout:

http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/examples/fluid.html

Then in the qgis.css we sprinkled some rules to make the black menubar
the color of the old qgis sites, and hold the qgis icon.
(theoretically we can do with only some very specific qgis site rules in
qgis.css).

To build your own tree, please read:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/blob/master/readme.rst

?? Maybe we should not even have a menubar in the topbar, but only have
a left bar which holds a menu when it is usefull. Now when you resize
your window to a phone size, sometimes you have a sort of two menu's

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde