[Qgis-developer] Add Layer to overview

rfilippone rfilippone at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 04:01:27 PST 2012

Hi all,

i am writing a QGIS C++ plugin  for version 1.7.4 (it is the company
baseline at the moment) and i am very new to QGIS development.
This plugin  adds several layers to the current project on a user triggered
event.
Now i need to automatically display a couple of those layers in the overview
dock but i can't find how to do it.
Selecting the layer and triggering the addLayerToOverview action, as found
on the web, doesn't work (actually on my version of QGIS it doesn't even
work by triggering the action from the menu).
Triggering the addAllLayerToOverview action works but the result is not what
i want to achieve.
By inspecting the source code it looks like i have to use the QgsLegend and
QgsLegendItem classes but they are not available in my OpenSuse devel
package (it provides only QgsLegendInterface).
Is there any way i can achive the result ?

Regards.
Roberto.