[Qgis-developer] Get rid of Shapefiles ! Go GeoJSON !

Stefan Keller sfkeller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 00:49:48 PST 2012

Hi Andreas

You are completely right if you are using the database as a
(centralized) data management store.
But to me, when one is speaking about a "desktop storage and exchange
format" it's an advantage when it's not so strict.
At least SQlite/Spatialite (compared to shp) is a single file and
offers attribute names which are self-explanatory (meaning longer than
8 chars).

Stefan