[Qgis-developer] Get rid of Shapefiles ! Go SpatiaLite !

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 03:18:21 PST 2012

Hi all,

One thing to add to our feature list is the ability to do the following :
* use the menu "Add a vector layer"
* choose a sqlite file
* a dialog with all tables contained in this file pops up and let the user
choose one
* load the layer (spatial or not) in QGIS

By the way, we in 3liz would love to spend some time implementing some of
these ideas to ease the use of Spatialite in QGIS. The main goal is the
ability to avoid the opening of the sqlite connection manager to do the
basics : open a layer, create a layer in a file (existing or not), saving a
layer, etc.
If someone can fund this work, I can write down a wiki page with some ideas
so that people can read/modify it.

Cheers,

Michael