[Qgis-developer] Get rid of Shapefiles ! Go SpatiaLite !

Bernd Vogelgesang bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de
Tue Nov 27 02:54:40 PST 2012

Am 27.11.2012, 08:20 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:

> On Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:56:30 +0100, "Bernd Vogelgesang"
> <bernd.vogelgesang at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> You just should not use Qspatialite to import shapes. I nearly gave up
>> upon spatialite, when i figured out that i had to use the Spatialite GUI
>
>> instead and this was fast as hell.
>
> Why not using DB Manager?

Well, i can't figure out for what i can use it in my workflow other than

>> So at the moment, you have to work with Spatialite GUI to import shapes,
>

> I do not think users like to switch between different programs.

Indeed! I do not like it either, but this gives the best results so far
(and the only results when i work with bigger datasets). Thats why
improved spatialite support (in whatever way) would be really much
appreciated.

greetz
Bernd

--
Bernd Vogelgesang * Siedlerstrasse 2 * 91083 Baiersdorf * +49-9133-825374